• New Facebook page.
• Saturday, May 21: Fabric Depot all-day sew, PMQG member's free
• PNCA Quilt Show has closed.
• Sisters Quilt Show: Anyone interested in pitching in for a bus ($40 ea.)
please let us know asap so we can plan accordingly
email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not put your name on the list already
• If you have paid your membership and have not received your card or button please let us know.
• Susan Beal organizer of Quilts for Quakes announced that 27 quilts are on their way to Japan!
• PMQG Banner: we would like to make a guild logo banner to mark our presence at
various events—our first being the Sister's Quilt Show
We want to collaborate with you, so we're asking everyone who wants to partake to
submit a 6"x6" block (includes a 1/4" seam allowance)—
any fabric or block pattern you can dream up (seriously).
If you need a visual (and the math), below is a sketch of what we're thinking:
10 MINUTE TUTE by Megan Pillow with "Envelope" Closure
Measure pillow and add 1/2," so a 20" x 20" pillow would be 20.5" x 20.5"
1. cut one piece "20.5 x 20.5," two pieces "20.5 x 14.5" to allow for a 6" overlap
2. layer the three pieces together pretty to pretty
3. sew a 1/4" seam around all four edges
4. turn inside out
5. stuff the pillow
PRESENTAION by Susan Beal "Log Cabin Quilting"
Susan brought along a few of her favorite books.
Let the presentation begin!
Log Cabin ABC's, book
We have been experiencing difficulties with Blogger and regret that half of April's meeting post was deleted. Fortunately we're able to post some of the lost photos on Facebook—so head over there and check them out!