Don't forget that the Denyse Schmidt Scholarships are open until the 12th! We're offering a scholarship for each workshop. Apply at our website here.
We hope you can make it to our August Meeting, next Thursday, August 16th!
Here's what's happening at the meeting:
- Welcome and Announcements
- Inspiring talk by Anna Joyce. Anna Joyce is an artist, teacher and author based in Portland, OR. Anna designs a line of hand dyed textiles and clothing and teaches sold workshops around the country. PMQG is hosting a three hour Indigo Dyeing workshop with her on August 25th. Purchase your seat today, spaces are limited!
- Bespoke Block of the Month - Your Secretary, Michelle has been hard at work designing this year's program. The seventh of nine blocks will be debuted at this meeting.
- Show and Tell - After hearing feedback from guild members, we need to institue a no solicitations policy during show and tell. If you're interested in purchasing a classified ad, please find out more information here. All classified sales go towards our scholarship program.
Here’s what to bring:
- Zipper bags for Snow Cap Community Charities.
- Money to purchase your 2018 PMQG Membership if you haven't pre-purchased online.
Completed charity blocks or quilts.
Quilt for Show and Tell – limit one quilt per person
A mug for tea/water
- A few volunteers who can arrive at 6:30 to help with meeting room setup
August 6th - August 12th - Denyse Schmidt Scholarships open
August 15th - Denyse Schmidt Workshops go on sale
August 16th - August Monthly Meeting
August 24th - Charity Sew Day at Modern Domestic
August 25th - Indigo Dyeing Workshop with Anna Joyce
August 26th - Hand Sew Happy Hour
Meeting Time & Location
Thursday, August 16th from 7 to 9 pm
St. Andrew Catholic Church, 806 NE Alberta Street