We're so excited to kick off this year's Meetup!
Picnic at Laurelhurst Park
Thursday, August 18, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
SE Oak & SE 35th - Walk into the park from this intersection and you'll see us!
- Please bring your own food/picnic & drinks. (Alcohol is permitted.) PMQG will provide plates, cups, and utensils. You may bring something to share if you wish, this is not required.
- Bring a quilt for Show & Tell
- Bring a quilt or chair to sit on
- Check-in for the Meetup. Receive swag bag, name tag, and shop hop passport
Friday, August 19 - Saturday, August 20
Visit Portland's best fabric stores and get your passport stamped! Click here to read all the info on the Shop Hop!
- Check-in available at Modern Domestic, 1408 NE Alberta Street, 10am - 2pm
- Visit our five participating shops, and get your passport stamped at each location for a chance to win fabulous prizes! Participating shops include: Modern Domestic, Bolt, Cool Cottons, Josephine's Dry Goods, and Fabric Depot.
Friday, August 19, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Widmer Brothers Brewing, 929 North Russell Street
Click here to RSVP for this event. Deadline is Tuesday, August 16.
- Check-in available
- Mini-Mini Swap - Click here for details!
- Light appetizers and a drink (beer, wine, and soda) are included
- Cash bar for beer and wine also available
Saturday, August 20 - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
St. Andrews Community Center, 806 NE Alberta Street
Click here to reserve a spot for Sew Day.
- Bring your sewing machines and sew to your heart's content! We will provide some irons, ironing boards, and cutting mats. You are also welcome to bring your own. If you have an extension cord, please bring it. (This will be similar to our Fabric Depot Sew Day setup.)
- Charity Sewing: If you would like to sew for Quilts for Pulse, we will have blocks available to sew into tops.
- Light snacks will be provided. There are also many great lunch spots within walking distance.
HAND SEW BRUNCH
Sunday, August 21 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Normandale Park, 5700 NE Halsey Street
- Bring a quilt or chair to sit on and your hand sewing project.
- We will have donuts and mimosas to share!
- We will be awarding all of the prizes from the shop hop at this event. You need not be present on Sunday to win prizes.
Monica Solorio-Snow aka Happy Zombie designed these awesome t-shirts for our meetup! Order yours today!