Kaleidoscope Fabric Challenge Results
A Collaboration with Allison Glass, Andover Fabrics, & the Portland Modern Quilt Guild
Alison Glass and Andover Fabrics are excited to collaborate with the Portland Modern Quilt guild to bring you the Kaleidoscope Mini Quilt Challenge. Kaleidoscope is Alison Glass’s newest line of 40 beautiful, high quality, 100% cotton, woven solids. This is mostly a group of shot cottons with a couple of chambrays, two different colors are woven together to make a new, final color with a lot of depth and interest.
Coordinating Hashtags: #agkaleidoscope #alisonglass #PMQGMiniQuiltChallenge
● The challenge will run from July 19, 2018 through September 7, 2018
● Each participant will receive a 10 fat quarter collection of Kaleidoscope. Please see the above fabric swatches for the colors and color names. Depending on the calibration of your screen, these swatches may not be accurate to the fabric, and are intended to be a preview of the colors you'll receive.
● The challenge is first come-first serve. Sign-ups are available as supplies last.
● The quilts must be made with at least 6 of the Kaleidoscope colors. You can use other Alison Glass and Andover Fabrics as accents.
● To submit your quilt, email the guild with a photo of the finished quilt to email@example.com. Please be sure to use the subject line PMQG Kaleidoscope Challenge
● Any member who receives fabric must make a mini, otherwise challenge fabric must be returned.
Participants are encouraged to create a “modern mini quilt” with colors from the Kaleidoscope collection that was curated by Alison Glass.
In order to participate, the majority of the mini quilt must be made with Kaleidoscope by Alison Glass. If needed, participants can use fabrics from other Alison Glass or Andover Fabric collections to coordinate the design of the mini.
Size requirement: 20”x 20” (or smaller)
● All fabrics used for your project must be from Kaleidoscope by Alison Glass
● Mixing and matching other AG or Andover Fabrics into your design is always welcomed
● Size requirement: 20”x 20” (or smaller).
● All methods of piecing and quilting are welcome.
● The project can be made from a pre-existing pattern, but the final product must be your original version.
● We encourage you to let your creative juices flow and create your best work. The sky’s the limit!
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY SEPTEMBER 7TH, 2018.
Keep in mind that the quality of the photo (styling, lighting and definition) is important in order to present your project at its best. We want your project to shine so that it can get a fair chance of winning!
Sent image(s) must be ready to upload. Photo collages that show various views of the project are welcome but are not mandatory.
Please include a couple of sentences about the project in the description box so that people can read the story behind your project. (Name, what inspired you? Website? Blog? If you blog about it, send the permalink, etc.)
Social Media Sharing
● Make sure to use #agkaleidoscope #alisonglass #PMQGMiniQuiltChallenge when sharing your project on social media.
● We love seeing sneak peeks and works in progress as well as finished projects on all of our social media platforms. Be sure to tag Alison Glass, Andover Fabrics, and PMQG On Instagram: @alisonglass @andoverfabrics @portlandmqg
● Promotion of your project on social media is welcomed (including works in progress and sneak peeks).
● We encourage (but do not require) participants to write a blog post about their project if you have a blog. People love to read about how you came up with your concept, how you decided to pair up fabrics, what patterns were used, etc. Feel free to send us your blog post permalink so that we can add it to your entry.
Choosing the Winners
This contest is based on your design, creativity, and your use of Kaleidescope in your project. A consensus between the Portland Modern Quilt Guild Board, Alison Glass and Andover Fabric will determine the two winners of the challenge. The third winner will be chosen by PMQG members attending our October meeting.
The board is currently working on prizes and will announce what they are at a later meeting.
● Open only to PMQG members
● Contestants are limited to a single entry.
● PMQG reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole discretion infringes upon or violates the terms and conditions of these guidelines.
● In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of PMQG, Alison Glass, and Andover Fabric as final and binding as it relates to the Contest.
● Entry must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of this challenge.
● No form of bribery will be permitted; incentives such as giveaways, prizes, etc. in return for votes will result in automatic disqualification.
To Sign Up:
Sign ups are currently full.