President Job Description
- Arrange for, schedule and facilitate meetings for Monthly Officers meeting and PMQG meetings
- Assist/Coordinate in planning monthly PMQG meetings
- Assist in maintaining Blog, Goggle Docs, and Flickr
Before Officer and PMQG meetings the President prepares agendas to be discussed. This is to be emailed to all officers before the monthly meeting. As well, the agenda for PMQG monthly meetings is to be posted on the blog.
Takes suggestions from all members under advisement. Works with individuals as needed.
The vice president will perform the duties of the president if needed, including running the monthly meeting.
Maintain all online media (blog, Flickr, etc)
Attend guild board meetings. Actively participate in guild leadership and decisions.
The time commitment for this position is about 10 hours per month, which includes monthly PMQG meetings as well as monthly officers meetings.
The secretary assists in maintaining the blog/website by contributing posts (e.g., writing about other guild events such as shop hops, sewing nights, charity work, etc. or series such as “Meet a Portland Quilter”).
Good writing skills
Attention to detail
Time commitment for this position is about 10 hours per month, which includes monthly PMQG meetings as well as monthly officers meetings.
- Maintain bank account including preparing monthly/quarterly statements for PMQG, pay any bills that may incur including reimbursements to members
- Handle membership dues collection
- Maintain membership spreadsheet: including collecting new membership forms, entering data and keeping records updated
- Helping create and maintain PMQG’s online documents and calendar
The time commitment for this position is about 5-10 hours per month, which includes monthly PMQG meetings as well as monthly officers meetings.
Organizational ability, can handle collection of money and keep finances recorded and in order
PMQG Program Coordinator Position
This position takes about 10 hours per month. Most can be done at home via the phone or email. Attendance at monthly Officer’s meetings and general meetings required.
Main responsibilities include:
- Supports the planning, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of PMQG’s public programs and educational initiatives.
- Actively recruits a guest speaker for each PMQG meeting. Talks with the speaker about what to present and offering any help, encouragement and support
- Actively works on future month’s meetings: content, lectures, social events, sewing projects etc.
- Coordinating give aways or further challenges or events based on the program presented
- Encourage members to be presenters
- Have on hand “filler” material or a “ten minute tute” on hand in case a meeting runs short and or program changes.
Ability to speak in front of large group
Can actively seek new information from people and groups
Organizational ability and attention to detail