We hope you can make it to our December meeting tomorrow (December 7th). There will be prizes, prizes, and more prizes!
Here’s what’s happening:
- Holiday Bazaar - more than 15 PMQG members will be selling fantastic fabric, bags and totes, pillows, sewing kits, soaps, collage fabric paintings, books, hand-printed posters, and much much more! Not all vendors may be able to accept credit cards, so be sure to bring other forms of payment just in case. (Please note: because of the holiday bazaar, there will be no free table this month)
- Dessert Potluck - bring a dessert to share. If your dessert is appropriate for special diets (gluten-free, vegan, etc.), it can be helpful to provide a label.
- Container Swap - if you want to participate, just make a container (could be a bag, box, wallet, journal cover, etc - anything that can hold something). Please don't wrap your container or fill it with any extras - but please attach a tag with your name on it. This is a random swap - what you get will be a complete surprise!
- Prize Wheel - we won't have the normal door prizes this month, but will have a prize wheel where everyone has a chance to win a prize!
- 2018 Membership Drive and Prize Drawing - anyone who has signed up for a 2018 PMQG Membership before (or at) the meeting will be entered into a special prize draw for fantastic prizes. Avoid lines at the meeting and sign up online. Anyone who has signed up online will automatically be entered into the drawing (but you must be present to win).
- BOM Showcase and Prize Drawing - any PMQG member who brings a finished BOM quilt or quilt top will be entered into a special drawing. Remember: you don’t have to make a quilt using all nine blocks – it could also be a baby quilt, table runner, etc. We can’t wait to see everyone’s version of the BOM!
- BOM Quilt Raffle - now's your chance to win the dazzling 2017 PMQG BOM Quilt - Stars Galore, designed and pieced by Anne Matlak and quilted by Denise Shoup of 47 Stitches. Tickets can be purchased at the meeting or online. The BOM Quilt Raffle is open to PMQG members and non-members. The winning raffle ticket will be chosen at the meeting, but you do not have to be present to win.
- UFO Club Prize Drawing - for each completed UFO quilt project on a club member's list, their name will be entered into the drawing. One lucky member will win the prize money - half of all the entry fees! (The other half will go to the PMQG Scholarship Fund.) Club Members - be sure to let Marcia Mersky know about any completed projects.
- Show and Tell
Here’s what to bring:
- Cash or checks to buy BOM Quilt raffle tickets and gifts at the holiday bazaar.
Completed charity blocks or quilts
Quilt for Show and Tell – limit one quilt per person
A dessert to share
A mug for tea
- A few volunteers who can arrive at 6:30 to help with meeting room setup
Meeting Time & Location
Thursday, December 7th from 7 to 9 pm
St. Andrew Catholic Church, 806 NE Alberta Street