Our November meeting was all about Mister Domestic.
But first, some announcements:
BOM Quilt Raffle
Raffle tickets for the 2017 BOM Star Quilt are now available for purchase. They are $2.00 per ticket or $10.00 for 6 tickets. They can be purchased by cash or check at the December 7th meeting or on the PMQG website. The raffle is open to PMQG members and non-members alike. Proceeds from the raffle will fund our Charity Quilts program.
We reintroduced our 2018 officers, who are:
President: Kimberly Buckley
Vice President for Technology and Social Media: Erin Case
Vice President for Membership and Procurement: Judy Livingston
Secretary: Michelle Freedman
Treasurer: Barbara Trepiccione
Programs Coordinator for Meetings: Susan Beal
Programs Coordinator for Workshops: MereAnn Reid
We still have a few open volunteers positions open for 2018: Free table; Sew Day; Charity Table; New Members/Guests Welcome committee; and Westside Hand Sew Happy Hour Host.
- Remember: our December meeting will be on the first Thursday - December 7th.
- The December meeting will be a holiday party with: a dessert buffet (no potluck this year); a Prize Wheel; a container swap; and a holiday bazaar.
- Bring your finished 2017 BOM tops and quilts to the December meeting for a special Show and Tell. Everyone who brings one will be entered in a special prize drawing. Post photos of your BOM on Instagram with the hashtag #PMQG2017BOM
- The UFO Club will be wrapping up the year and doing its prize drawing at the December meeting. One lucky member will win the prize money - half of all the entry fees! (The other half will go to the PMQG Scholarship Fund.)
- For this year’s holiday swap, the theme is Containers -- any thing that holds other things. This could be a bag, box, wallet, journal cover, etc - anything that can hold something. Sign up isn’t required for the swap. If you want to participate, just make a container (please don't fill your container with any extras) and bring it to the December meeting. You will then go home with a container made by a fellow guild member. Make one, take one!
- There is still time to sign up to be a vendor at the Holiday Bazaar. You can sell fabric or any item handmade by you. Choose a half or full table - there is no charge. Please complete the Sign-Up Form by Sunday, November 26th.
- Betty Colburn, the 2017 PMQG Treasurer, reviewed the guild financial statement.
- November 30th is the MQG deadline for requesting a complimentary 4-day pass to QuiltCon, getting a member discount for lectures and classes at QuiltCon, and for submitting a quilt.
- Latifah Saafir is teaching her Glam Clam quilt at Fabric Depot on December 9th. There a few spots left.
- Meredith Hobbs gave a short presentation about using facing instead of binding on your Word Quilts.
- We are still collecting large zipper pouches and full size personal care items for Embrace Oregon. Thank you to everyone who has already made bags and collected toiletries for this project. There are links to tutorials and free zipper bag patterns on the website.
- 2018 PMQG memberships go on sale online on December 1st. They can also be purchased at the December meeting. There will be a special raffle at the December 7th meeting for all members who have purchased their 2018 memberships.
- 2018 is a year to look forward to! Chawne Kimber is coming in June for a lecture and workshops. In November, Anna Maria Horner will be here for a lecture and workshops.
Mathew Boudreaux of Mister Domestic delivered a talk and trunk show titled "Lose Control to Find Your Voice." He shared how he has evolved as a quilter, with examples of his fabric weaving, EPP, and improv quilts.
Photos from his talk can be found on Flickr.
We had lots of fantastic raffle prizes:
- The Cath Hall Quilt Market Extravaganza bundle was won by Patty Turner.
- The Mister Domestic/Violet Craft bundle was won by Angie McGinley.
- The Art Gallery Fabrics bundle was won by Sharon Bishop.
- The four fabulous extra prizes from Mister Domestic and Art Gallery Fabrics were won by Barbara Sanders, Elsa Hart, Cheryl Farris, and Jessica Prosper-Bohannon.
Show and Tell
Our Show and Tell was as beautiful, varied and inspiring as ever. Thank you, members, for continuing to share your fabulous work with us! Photos of all of the show and tell quilts can be found on Flickr.
- Hand Sew Happy Hour (last one of the year)
Sunday, November 26th, 2 - 4
Pix Patisserie and Craft Pour House
- December Open Sew Day
Saturday, December 2nd, 10 - 8