|1970s Scrappy Snake Trails, courtesy of Bill Volckening|
Please join us for our April guild meeting! Bill Volckening, quilt historian and PMQG member, is going to show us some funky vintage quilts and talk about “Quilting in the 1970's: When bed quilts became works of art.”
Thursday, April 24
The meeting will be in the community center, which is behind the main church building. There are two parking lots.
What’s in store:
- Trunk show with quilt historian Bill Volckening
- A sneak peek of Violet Craft's new fabric line
- Pincushion swap
- MORE challenge fabric
- Fabulous prizes
- Show and tell
- Post-meeting socializing at the Radio Room
Don’t forget to bring:
- Your Glitz challenge mini-quilt (note hanging sleeve and label requirements)
- A pincushion to swap, in a brown bag
- Your Medallion Along quilt-in-progress
- A mug for coffee or tea
- Your quilts for show and tell, of course!
|Bowties, c. 1970s, Texas, courtesy of Bill Volckening|
Sisters Deadline Extended!
Submissions for the PMQG Special Exhibit at the Sisters Quilt Show are now due May 2.
April Open Sew
Saturday, April 26 (please note date change!)
9 am to 9 pm
New Member Mixer
Friday, May 2nd
5 pm to 8 pm
Modern Domestic discount:
Modern Domestic will offer 25% off on Thursday as part of their anniversary sale. Visit them at 1408 NE Alberta—just down the street from St. Andrews!
Guests and non-members are welcome at the guild meeting. Guests are free for the first visit; $5 for each visit after that.
We hope to see you at the meeting!
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.