We are excited to be invited back to have a special exhibit at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show this year! The show is Saturday July 14th from 9:30 to 5:00 and there are lots of events surrounding the show if you are interested.
We have had so many beautiful quilts at show and tell lately I know we will have no shortage of entrants.
To enter a quilt in the special exhibit please:
- Email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29th. Make sure to include your full name and contact info, and the dimensions of the quilt. You can also bring your quilt to the meeting this month and we can take a photo for you. The deadline is approaching soon so quilt tops or sketches of work in progress will be accepted.
- All submitted quilts will be reviewed by a panel consisting of one board member and 2 guild members; Gail Weiss and Michelle Freedman. Quilts will be selected to represent our guild and the modern quilt movement. Here is some great info about what is modern quilting from the Modern Quilt Guild.
- Once we have the group of quilts chosen to be in the show you will be notified and then must register your quilts for the show through the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show website by May 1st. Registration is $5 a person.
- We will collect quilts at the June meeting to ship to Sisters. Quilts are due to arrive in Sisters for the show between June 29th and July 7th if you want to arrange your own delivery.
- Quilts must be at least 36" x 36" and no bigger then 104" in width or length.
- If a quilt will be for sale a photo must be sent in with your registration.
- A quilt is two layers of fabric with a filling that is stitched together with lines or a pattern.
- Quilting may be done by hand or machine.
- Tied quilts do not meet the definition of a quilt for this show.
- “Raggy” quilts and quilts made from predominantly preprinted panels are not accepted.
- We do not accept raffle quilts from other groups.
- Quilts do not need to have a sleeve for our show.
- A fabric label sewn to the back of each quilt is required.The quilt name and exhibitor’s name on the label should match the information on your registration form.
We will be sharing photos from last years exhibit and talking more about the event and quilt labels at the next meeting. Check out flickr to see photos before then.